Sustainability and ethics are incredibly important to us, it’s what this whole company is built around. We truly want to practice what we preach, and are building environmental and ethical policies to hold ourselves accountable. For the sake of transparency we decided to publicly share those policies here.
S4 is a part of the Platforma EKO group and so we actually use the same policies for for our hosting business as we do for everything else we are working on.
It’s a constant work in progress, and we are always looking to improve. We are a young company and constantly dealing with situations and questions that we have to work to find the best solutions to. If you feel that there is something we could and should be doing better then please do get in touch and let us know!
Platforma EKO Environmental Policy – last updated: 8th October 2020
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations of any countries we work in.
- Use renewable energy (either generated by local solar/wind or bought from green providers) in our offices and any other areas we frequently use for work, i.e. home.
- Host all of our websites, email, and any other apps or services we provide sustainably (via our ethical hosting company S4).
- Reuse, repair, and recycle whenever it is possible, and make sure that things are disposed of in the least damaging way possible when not.
- Carefully choose the companies that we work together with. Employing or partnering with those who hold the same environmental and ethical values that we do.
- Support local non-profit organisations and charities by offering subsidised or free web hosting via S4.
- Avoid unnecessary printing, and dispose of printed documents sustainably. Non-confidential paperwork is recycled while confidential documents are shredded and composted.
In the next few weeks we will be working on setting out our ethical policy as well and we will update this page with it as soon as we have!